Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When photoshop Becomes a Verb

I joined a Yahoo group the other day called, we_love_digital_art. They are so nice that I really feel bad about writing a certain previous post. But one can evolve. Today I got some help from them for a tricky problem. How to remove something from a photo and how to make it look somewhat natural. Here's the original photo.


I cut out a graphic of a small child laying on a dog. I deleted the dog with the magic wand, but couldn't get rid of the leg. One of the nice people in the group suggested 
that I duplicate the image (in case something went wrong).
select the image->pick the colour of the dress with the eyedropper-> choose a small brush and paint it out. 
It looked a bit unnatural (sic), so I selected the plain clone tool->then I cloned a crease in the dress by option-clicking, then extented the crease into the painted area. Next, I selected a plain part of the dress with the clone tool and filled in the remaining painted area. So I photoshopped the leg out of the photo. Now I can work for the National  E----------- making Martians for their front page. Here's the end result.

I also duplicated the background so I could do some other fixes with the background.
Background, bird, bucket wolf:
© 2010 NeonSun Studios

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful job on this fix! Your blog is terrific...I really enjoyed my time here. It looks so nice...someday I hope mine looks as nice as yours but I just don't feel like fussing with it yet. Your story regarding the postman was priceless...thanks for making me smile.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put a link on here, but there's only a blank space showing up. However, if you mouse over you can see it. Still trying to figure out what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...